Now Available – New Mimosa PTMP and PTP Firmware Releases 2.4.1 and 1.5!
We are excited to announce the general availability of firmware Releases 2.4.1 and 1.5! These latest releases focus on usability updates, stability improvements and regulatory updates. Release 2.4.1 is applicable to Mimosa A5/A5c access devices, C5/C5c client devices running point-to-multipoint (PTMP) software and C5c devices running point-to-point (PTP) software. Release 1.5 is applicable to Mimosa B5, B5c, B5-Lite and B11 running PTP software.
Here are the highlights of the 2.4.1 release:
United Kingdom Regulatory Updates
- Updated 5 GHz frequency support to include 5725 to 5850 MHz operation. (PTMP/PTP)
DHCP Option 82 – Hostname support
- Added an additional configuration option in the A5 GUI to allow use of the hostname for the Circuit ID or Host ID. (PTMP)
802.1p Uplink Priority Tagging
- VLAN tags are inserted by Mimosa devices if SSID VLANs or CPE Data VLANs are configured. In both instances, the 802.1p field in the VLAN tag is marked using the IPv4 DSCP field for all uplink traffic. Combined with the already supported downlink IP DSCP to VLAN 802.1p marking, this provides full uplink and downlink priority tag marking. (PTMP)
- A VLAN configuration summary page has been added under Networking->VLAN to clarify VLAN configuration settings and CPE Data VLAN assignments, and to simplify configuration of VLAN operation. (PTMP)
- The A5 and C5 device name now supports using special characters. Supported characters are: \ / -_ . : a-z A-Z 0-9. (PTMP)
- To improve security, the A5 session inactivity timeout behavior has been changed. The session timeout value can be from 0 to 60 minutes. Setting the value to 0 defaults to 60 minutes. There is no longer an option to disable the inactivity timeout function. (PTMP)
Cloud Management Enhancements
- Improved reliability of device connectivity to Mimosa’s cloud. (PTMP/PTP)
Full release notes are available on our support site, linked here: Firmware 2.4.1 Release Notes
Here are the highlights of the 1.5 release:
Production implementation of KRACK vulnerability (i.e., WPA-2 vulnerability related to key replay)
- Updated UK regulations to include 5725 to 5850 MHz operation. (PTMP/PTP)
- Update Canada's newly allocated 100 MHz of unlicensed spectrum from 5150-5250 MHz.
- Updated Algeria 5 GHz regulations to include spectrum from 5250-5350 and 5470-5670.
- Enabled licensed mode operation for Barbados.
- Updated settings for Vietnam and Indonesia.
Cloud Management Enhancements
- Improved reliability of device connectivity to Mimosa’s cloud.
General stability and usability improvements.
Full release notes are available on our support site, linked here: Firmware 1.5 Release Notes
As always, we hope these new features and fixes will help you continue to successfully build and deploy Mimosa solutions in your network! For more information about any of the features described above, or to speak to a Mimosa expert, please visit us at mimosa.co.